Chianti Hotel - Tuscany Resort - Country Hotel in Chianti - Siena countryside holidays

Book Now
Shop Book a table
Book Now

September, the month of wine in Tuscany

The generous Chianti area embraces Hotel Casolare Le Terre Rosse and gives our structure a unique atmosphere. Alongside the idyllic sceneries, this land blooms in vineyards and noble grapes, fathers of wines coveted all over the world.

A stay at our 3-star Superior hotel is a precious opportunity to inebriate yourself with the tannic aromas, fall in love with our bottles, taste an excellent glass with delicious local products. September is the month of grape harvest in Tuscany, a special time to visit the most famous wineries in the area and taste the freshly bottled wines.

 

The excellence of Chianti Classico

 

The Chianti Classico denomination designates the oldest heart of the Sienese Chianti that surrounds our country hotel. It is an area that winds between the provinces of Florence and Siena, embracing 14 municipalities. Its borders were determined by an edict of the Grand Duke Cosimo III Medici back in 1716. In these generous lands, the Chianti Classico wine, known since the times of the Etruscan civilization and originally used as a bargaining chip, is harvested, bottled and celebrated.

What distinguishes Chianti Classico - recognizable by the emblematic label with the Black Rooster - from other Chianti excellences? The denomination of "Classico" is linked to its composition, which must necessarily include 80% Sangiovese grape and the remaining 20% ​​at the discretion of the producer, who can decide between the Colorino, Canaiolo, Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot varieties.

A wine tasting in Chianti, in addition to satisfying the sense of smell and taste buds with prestigious labels, opens the doors to fairytale scenarios: on the silky Tuscan hills, precious villages, unprecedented natural landscapes and castles with never-ageing charm chase each other.

 

Itineraries between barrels and vines

 

If you stay at Hotel Casolare Le Terre Rosse, a tasting tour in the excellent wine cellars all around is essential. Only by savoring the nectar of Bacchus and abandoning yourself to the aromatic notes of our vines, will you keep an authentic memory of Tuscany once you return home.

Our hotel, a stone's throw from San Gimignano, Val d’Orcia and Chianti hills, offers you countless opportunities: there are many wineries around us.

If you love red, full-bodied and tannic wines, we recommend tasting Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, the treasures of the most ancient wine cellars in Val d’Orcia. Both labels can divinely pair with meat dishes and platters of aged cheeses, but they do not disdain desserts, especially the gorgeous ones.

If you prefer white wines but with character, you cannot deprive yourself of a wine tour in San Gimignano and in the surrounding hills. Here Vernaccia di San Gimignano is born, a true queen among the white berried grapes in Tuscany. With an unexpected and enveloping flavor, this wine boasts an ancient and noble past: it appears on the tables of popes and kings as early as 1200 and is mentioned by Dante in the Divine Comedy. From straw yellow to golden nuances, the label has different shades depending on the year. Versatile in combinations, it accompanies fish recipes, cheeses and cornerstones of Tuscan cuisine, but a glass of Riserva also allows daring combinations with exotic dishes.

Go on an extraordinary journey: book our Tuscan Experiences designed for wine lovers.

21
Sep
2022
Latest posts
+

A New Look for the Apartments at Villetta Terre Rosse

In the heart of the Tuscan countryside lies a place…
+

Flavours of Italy: four dishes you have to try on your Tuscan holiday

If you consider yourself a foodie, then Italy has to…
+

Three reasons why Tuscany is perfect for your destination wedding

Covering about 23,000 square kilometers in central Italy, the region…
+

Casolare Le Terre Rosse: Your Family Vacation in Tuscany

The Hotel Casolare Le Terre Rosse in San Gimignano is…
+

Autumn Flavors at Hostaria Terre Rosse Restaurant

Nestled in the picturesque Tuscan countryside, Casolare Le Terre Rosse…
Book Call Email Shop